Visual Computing and Multimedia
This research group comprises three labs, the Computational Geometry and Applications Lab (CGA Lab: Computational Geometry and Applications), the Multimedia Communications Lab, and the Multimedia Signal Processing and Security Lab (WaveLab, wavelab.at).
Topics of research
Computational Geometry and Applications Lab:
- computational geometry,
- algorithms and data structures (particularly those with a geometric flavor),
- algorithm engineering,
- program design, robustness and reliability,
- GPU-based computing, and
- applications of geometric algorithms and data structures in, e.g., computer-aided (geometric) design, computer-aided manufacturing, geographical information systems, computer graphics, visual computing, and virtual reality.
- Further information CGA Lab: Computational Geometry and Applications
Multimedia Signal Processing and Security Lab:
- multimedia security and biometrics,
- medical image processing and analysis,
- (wavelet-based) image and video compression,
- visual object detection and tracking, and
- visual data quality assessment.
- Further information wavelab.at
Multimedia Communications & Security Lab:
- wireless Internet multimedia communication,
- intelligent caching solutions, and
- IP multicast related work.
- protocol and network measurements and security analysis
- application and APP security measurements
- operating system hardening against network intrusions
Expertise includes work on optimized protocols for wireless and satellite communications, Digital Video Broadcast (DVB)-based gateway architectures, transparent web caching and app acceleration techniques, multimedia and hypermedia web applications, app architectural design and developmemt, network and application security analysis traffic monitoring, measurement and analysis.