Insurance Abroad

Students are obliged to seek insurance cover for the duration of their stay abroad themselves. The Main Association of Austrian Social Security Institutions (Hauptverband der österreichischen Sozialversicherungsträger) has published an information brochure on "Studying and Working Abroad" (in German).

The information pack intends on giving students a brief and clear overview of what they should bear in mind for their insurance cover when studying or on traineeship placement abroad.